It's very late, or very early depending on how you choose to look at things. It's 5:00am and I've yet to sleep as I've been putting the finishing touches on the big birthday party that we're having tomorrow, or today, again you choose. I haven't been able to help myself all night but to think back on what we were doing at this time last year. Growing up on our birthdays every year my mom would say "at this time __ years ago I was doing...." I understand it now. At this time one year ago, I had finally gotten to hold baby Jackson for the first time and I just kept saying over and over again "He's so perfect." He was born at 1:57am and I didn't hold him until around 4am, and by that point I could hardly keep my eyes open so our new family tired to settle in for some sleep, which is what I should do now. I can't believe a whole year has passed, I have loved every single minute of it, even on the sleepless nights like tonight!
0 comments:
Post a Comment